Other attractions near the park: 1/2 mile North - Museum of Winchester History.
1 mile West - Wolf Education and Research Center.
25 miles North - Nez Perce National Historical Park
26 miles South - Historical Museum at St. Gertrude
Services & Amenities:
- Toilet, Pit/Vault
Alerts and Important Information
- A 5.00 Motor Vehicle Entrance Fee (MVEF) is required for every vehicle entering Idaho State Parks (including visitors to campers).
- All campsite and facility use fees accommodate one vehicle MVEF per night stayed. Any applicable additional per-person or MVEF charges will be collected at the park.
- MVEF may be paid for at the daily rate or by purchasing a State Park Passport or an Annual Motor Vehicle Entrance Fee sticker.
- Visitors and park day users may be required to park outside the campground.
- All yurts, cabins and group facilities that are ADA accessible do not require proof of disability upon arrival.
- Camping is allowed in designated areas only.
- All boats, trailers, or other motorized vehicles must fit entirely within the campsite parking spur provided. Any equipment that does not fit entirely within the sites designated parking area must be parked outside the campground in an area designated by the park manager.
- RV's are not permitted when staying in facilities (yurts, cabins, cottages or houses).
- Campfires are allowed in designated areas only!
- All pets must be kept on a leash and not be left unattended. Pets are not allowed on beaches except for designated areas (not all parks have designated areas); Campers are responsible to clean up after their pet. Not all facilities allow pets.
- Quiet hours are enforced from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am.
- Fireworks are prohibited in all parks at all times. No Exceptions!
Getting There:GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
Winchester Lake State Park is located one quarter of a mile west of the town of Winchester, just off of Hwy 95, and 35 miles south of Lewiston.
Winchester Lake State Park
1786 Forest Rd
Phone Number:Project Office: